As we come to the end of the beginning of 2017, I received the very exciting news that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award! It's an award designed by bloggers, for bloggers! To encourage the inspirers to keep inspiring, the creators to keep creating, the writers to... well you get it... and yay! I won! I would like to thank Karin from Globetrotter Post for the nomination. Check out her fantastic blog here. Erica, from Diary of a Domestic Diva explains the rules of the Liebster Award here. Karin had 10 interesting travel questions for me, here are my answers....
Liebster Award Questions
1. What was the first country abroad you visited?
Well, in my lifetime, India was my first overseas trip at just 9 months of age. My first solo adventure which started my travel blogging and dream to inspire others was 12 months living and teaching English in Cambodia in 2015.
2. What is the weirdest custom you came across?
Italians don't drink their coffee, they shot their coffee on the run. Not stopping, sitting or savouring their drink. Really weird, when it's such a big part of my morning routine!
3. What is the one thing everybody should have in his/her backpack?
Tissues/Serviettes/Napkins. They have so many uses! Always keep a bundle in a side pocket!
4. Have you ever been stuck during your travels (because of the weather or visa rules etc.)
Ohhh Yeaaahhh.... Curtis and I lost our passports at a Cabaret show in Paris! Too much wine meant we couldn't continue on with our Topdeck group to Switzerland. We had 3 extra days in Paris, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise! It was a horrible situation to be in, but all worked out in the end
5. What do you hate most about flying?
The waiting. Getting up 6 hours before a flight, to allow travel time, customs time, boarding time, extra 'just in case' time.... oh it's just exhausting!
6. What do you love most about flying?
The take off and touch down! No other feeling compares to the butterflies of excitement, nostalgia, wanderlust and happiness!
7. What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a new place?
Nothing exciting, usually unpack my bag to establish where everything is and look at information I already have on my destination, to work out what I need to research first.
8. Do you travel prepared, booking rooms in front, using Lonely planet etc, or do just see what happens?
I do basic research before going, check out what the 'touristy' things are to do. I then check out 'alternative' things that are off the beaten track once I get there, usually the hostel/hotel staff have great personal recommendations! I usually book my flights through Skyscanner. I always book the first nights accomodation and then see what my experience is to judge whether to stay the entire time in the one place or move on.
9. What is the strangest food you have ever had?
Easy. Deep-fried Tarantulas in Cambodia! A delicacy there, I couldn't say I truely lived there if I hadn't of eaten one. It tasted a lot like deep fried soft shell crab! Not half bad.
10. What would you like to read on a travel blog?
I like hearing a person's stories. I like hearing their personality flowing through their words as if they're talking straight to me. A personal, connecting experience is what I look for.
I loved participating in this! I now nominate the following 5 blogs to answer 10 of my travel questions! I've chosen a variety of blogs, to help show, that whatever it is you truely want to achieve in this life, you can succeed! Whether it be pure blogging, product reviews, traveling the world's gyms or conquering some of the world's greatest summits, you can do it!
Gyms of the World
My 10 questions are:
1. What gadget do you take on every adventure?
2. Do you rather traveling solo or with people?
3. Do you prefer budget traveling (such as camping) or luxury? (golden trimmed bathtubs?)
4. What is your top travel tip? >> Check out mine here
5. How do you pass the time on long flights?
6. What's the most adventurous thing you have done, that's taken you out of your comfort zone? (exotic food, cliff diving etc.)
7. What has been your favourite travel destination?
8. What has been your least favourite travel destination?
9. What destination is on the top of your bucket list?
10. Who do you dream of bumping into on your travels? (a celebrity? long lost family member? favourite fellow travel blogger?)
Good luck and happy travels!What would your answers have been to Karin's questions?
I'd love to hear them! Comment below!